|Ray, Debra, Robert, Frank, Marie, and Amy in "Good Girls"|
|Air Date||March 9, 1998 (USA)|
October 4, 2004 (Canada)
|Preceded by||The Family Bed|
Good Girls is the 19th episode of Season 2, and is episode 41 of the full 210 episodes for the entire series. In this episode, there's a discussion about the difference between Debra and Amy's love-lives, which in turn brings up hidden secrets about Marie's past.
- Episode Title: Good Girls
- Episode Number: Season 2, Episode 19 (#41 of 210)
- Air Date: March 9, 1998
- Episode description (from DVD): "Amy reminds Marie of herself before she got married."
- Joyce Gittlin - Director
- Tucker Cawley - Writer
- Preceded by: "The Family Bed"
- Followed by: "T-Ball"
Ray and Debra later find out that the only reason Marie likes Amy so much is because she hasn't had sex yet and is saving herself for the right person. During the discussion, it comes up that Debra wasn't exactly a "good girl" before she got married. When Debra argues for her side, Frank blurts out that Marie wasn't exactly a "good girl" either. That's when the viewer finds out that Robert was conceived illegitimately.
Apparently Frank and Marie had been lying to Robert all these years about his real birth date. As it turns out, that current day was his real birthday.
- Debra calls Ray an "idiot", as she always does.
- Marie says her famous catchphrase: "I don't like that, Raymond."
- Debra's lemon chicken is mentioned.
- In this episode, the viewer learns that Robert was conceived before his parents were married. This incident is mentioned later on in the series in the episode "Marie's Sculpture" when Ray says that Robert was an accident.
- In a long camera shot of the living room, a PlayStation can be seen sitting on top of the TV set.
- Frank: "It was just the once and then we had to get married."
- Robert: “ How old am I now “ after the family sings happy birthday
|Season 2 Episodes|
Ray's on TV • Father Knows Least • Brother • Mozart • Golf • Anniversary • Working Late Again • The Children's Book • The Gift • High School • The Letter • All I Want for Christmas • Mia Famiglia • Marie's Meatballs • The Checkbook • The Ride-Along • The Family Bed • Good Girls • T-Ball • Traffic School • Six Feet Under • The Wedding: Part 1 • The Wedding: Part 2