|Warren and Lois in "In-Laws"|
|Air Date||November 1, 1996|
|Preceded by||Your Place or Mine?|
|Followed by||Win, Lose or Draw|
In-Laws is the 8th episode of Season 1, and is episode 8 of the full 210 episodes for the entire series. In this episode, Ray and Debra have a fancy dinner with both Frank and Marie and Debra's parents Warren and Lois. They soon find out that the in-laws are very different and don't get along with each other.
- Episode Title: In-Laws
- Episode Number: Season 1, Episode 8 (#8 of 210)
- Air Date: November 1, 1996
- Episode description (from DVD): "Debra's pretentious parents meet the Barones for dinner at a fancy restaurant. Tensions rise and Ray finally explodes, saying that the families shouldn't be allowed in the same state."
- Preceded by: "Your Place or Mine?"
- Followed by: "Win, Lose or Draw"
While waiting to eat at the restaurant, Ray's parents begin to butt heads with Debra's parents. An argument starts and Ray has to intervene.
This is one of the first episodes of the series where Ray says something where he questions whether or not he's gay. There are similar occurrences for the character of Ray throughout the show.
This is also one of the first episodes where Frank utters two of his catchphrases, "geezaloo" and "holy crap".
Similar to a few of the early episodes, there was a slight mistake with the staging and positioning of the cameras in the studio. Microphones and mirrors can be seen in certain shots.
This was the first episode crediting Jeremy Stevens as a creative consultant.
Sylvia Surdu was not the hairstylist in this episode. This episodes' hair styling was done by Katherine Kotarakos.
This was the first episode to use a slightly different format of the Where's Lunch logo.
- Ray: "My parents like to stay home and watch TV, and your parents honeymoon in Cambodia."