|Marie carrying the tofu turkey in "No Fat"|
|Air Date||November 23, 1998|
|Preceded by||The Lone Barone|
|Followed by||The Apartment|
Episode Information[edit | edit source]
- Episode Title: No Fat
- Episode Number: Season 3, Episode 10 (#57 of 210)
- Air Date: November 23, 1998
- Episode description (from DVD): "Marie alters her traditional Thanksgiving menu."
- Preceded by: "The Lone Barone"
- Followed by: "The Apartment"
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
After attending the Senior Health Fair, Marie realizes that she and Frank need to eat healthier if they want to live longer. So she begins to alter some of the things she cooks. And Thanksgiving just happens to be coming up soon.
Ray is supportive of his parents for wanting to eat healthier, but he doesn't like the fact that Marie is NOT making turkey on Thanksgiving. Instead, they have to sit through an entire meal of tofu turkey.
Running Gags[edit | edit source]
Ray, as always, refers to Debra with some funny nickname. In this particular episode, he entered the scene and said, "Hi Pinky." He then continued and said hi to Debra, instead calling his mother Pinky.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Actress Patricia Heaton was pregnant at the time of filming for this episode, so she did not appear in many of the shots. And when she did, she either wore big, baggy clothing or held an object, such as a blanket, in front of her to cover up the pregnant belly.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- FRANK: The homeless?! They're chowing down at some mission. Lucky bastards.
- FRANK: I rolled over in bed and suddenly there was no Great Wall of Marie to stop me.
- RAY: Why didn't you bring your dog, Robert?
- ROBERT: (still staring at the tofu turkey) I don't think Shamsky would eat this.
- RAY: Yeah, but we could eat him.